Warren Zevon Live at Tralfamadore Cafe on 1986-06-12
- Live concert
- Warren Zevon
02. Jeannie Needs a Shooter
03. Reconsider Me
04. Trouble Waiting to Happen
05. Roland Chorale > Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner
06. Johnny Strikes Up the Band > [Dr. Babyhead intro]
07. The Factory
08. Boom Boom Mancini
09. //Tenderness on the Block
10. Accidentally Like a Martyr
11. Werewolves of London >
12. Mohammed's Radio
13. Dancing with Myself [Idol/James] >
14. Summertime Blues [Capehart/Cochran] >
15. Poor Poor Pitiful Me
Related Music (Beta) question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|Lawyers, Guns and Money > [banter]|
|Jeannie Needs a Shooter|
|Trouble Waiting to Happen|
|Roland Chorale > Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner|
|Johnny Strikes Up the Band > [Dr. Babyhead intro]|
|Boom Boom Mancini|
|//Tenderness on the Block|
|Accidentally Like a Martyr|
|Werewolves of London >|
|Dancing with Myself [Idol/James] >|
|Summertime Blues [Capehart/Cochran] >|
|Poor Poor Pitiful Me|
01. [04:42.10] Lawyers, Guns and Money > [banter]
02. [04:18.27] Jeannie Needs a Shooter
03. [03:55.51] Reconsider Me
04. [03:49.16] Trouble Waiting to Happen
05. [12:30.68] Roland Chorale > Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner
06. [03:11.51] Johnny Strikes Up the Band > [Dr. Babyhead intro]
07. [04:43.40] The Factory
08. [03:58.50] Boom Boom Mancini
09. [01:28.56] //Tenderness on the Block
10. [04:50.08] Accidentally Like a Martyr
11. [04:02.29] Werewolves of London >
12. [04:55.32] Mohammed's Radio
13. [02:07.30] Dancing with Myself [Idol/James] >
14. [04:02.12] Summertime Blues [Capehart/Cochran] >
15. [09:28.09] Poor Poor Pitiful Me
» t09: first half or more is missing
» This version was edited during summer 2004 by D1, who says, "Amplitude increased as needed; retracked; extended silences and audience noise shortened or removed." She also filtered the last two tracks to remove some of the inexplicable harshness of the source recording.
» An unusual aspect of this recording is its remarkable reverb
» Updated and uploaded to archive.org on 14 April 2005
- 2005-04-14 18:49:58
- Aud? > ? > trade CD-R > > EAC (secure, offsets) > FLAC (level 8, sectors aligned, shntool verified)
- Buffalo NY
- Taped by
- Transferred by
- Tralfamadore Cafe
Subject: accurate info
Don't ask me how I know - haha
Subject: Better Than "Learning To Flinch"!!
I knew that Warren was an accomplished piano player, but I had no idea what a marvelous, and entertaining, guitarist he was. This concert showcases both of these musical gifts--not to mention his charming sense of humor!
Thank you so very much, Zevon Family, for making these treasures available!
Subject: sbd definitely
Subject: Love The "Tralf"
Being an Excitable BUFFALO Boy myself - transplanted to Denver 21 years ago - the Tralfamadore Cafe or simply "The TRALF" as it's known in Buffalo, is a longstanding local rock/folk/jazz club institution. Picture this 12 string acoustic and piano performance in the brick-walled, downtown underground nightclub atmosphere that is the TRALF.
The warmth and intimacy (only 225 seats) of this venerable venue really come across in this recording. Judging by the between numbers banter, Warren was really having a good time with the local crowd this night in 1986.
Buffalo audiences are full of rowdy rock n' roll fans and this night was no exception. You can sense this crowd's raucous high energy, yet the tracks are absent any annoying background chatter overwhelming or distracting from the performance.
a spirited "Werewolves" (replete with crowd-pleasing references to Buffalo and Chicken Wings in the lyrics),
a solid electric 12-string rendition of "Lawyers,"
WZ's unique covers of Billy Idol's "Dancin' With Myself" and the Who's "Summertime Blues,"
along with a 12:30 piano-only extended version of "Roland" filled with exquisite improvisational keyboard riffs.
For a little more hard-edged performance, check out the Folsom Field concert from 1980. Sound quality isn't quite as clean, but Zevon really rocks in this open-air football stadium at CU Boulder.
Even though he's badly missed, the TRALF session recalls some tasty licks Warren left behind for us all to enjoy one hot summer night in Buffalo!
Subject: Rewards of reverb
A nice show and a great 1 disc download.
Uploaded by bstover on